Well, the brand new GoPro Hero 3 has certainly taken the Australian sports and adventure scene by storm. Since it was released last month, people have been hitting us with lots of questions about the three models, ( White, Silver and Black Editions ) the differences between them and the benefits you could expect from each of the cameras.
This time out, the Hero 3 is making the specifications of each model a little different to try and allow people to pick the camera that suits them best.
Firstly, here's what is the same across all of the models :
- Each camera supports 1080p
- All have built-in WiFi
- 5 megapixel stills as minimum
- Better sound
- Connectors are : Composite A/V adapter and 3.5mm stereo mic adapter
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty about each of the models.
GoPro Hero 3 White Edition
- 1080p / 30 fps, 960p / 30 fps, or 720p / 60 fps video capture
- 5 Megapixel camera
- 3 fps burst
- Wi-Fi Built In
- Works with Wi-Fi remote and phone app
GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition
- 1080p / 30 fps, 960p / 48 fps, or 720p / 60 fps video capture
- 11 Megapixel camera
- 10 fps burst
- Built In Wi-Fi
- Compatible with Wi-Fi remote and phone app
GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition
- 2,700p / 30fps, 1440p / 48fps, 1080p / 60 fps, 960p / 120 fps, or 720p / 60 fps video capture
- 12 Megapixel camera
- 30 fps burst
- Built-in WiFi with the remote included
- Professional Low-Light performance
- The app is free with this edition
So there you have it, the features and specifications for each of the cameras. Each is a little different, but you can be assured that each model is built tough, and designed to give exceptional performance time after time, which is important when filming down here in Australia.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to drop us a line or give us a call at the shop.